The K Word

A regular rant about my life expectations and other such catastrophes

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sentimental Semantics

At some point in one's existence it becomes apparant that there are those that care about the past and reminiscing and those that dismiss those thoughts. Up until about a month ago, I would definately have been the latter.

I have been told numerous times by my parents 'why are you not interested in visiting your schools and your teachers?', most of the time I would respond with 'because they wouldn't remember me anyway'.

And that is the truth.

Honestly though, I am unsure as to whether it is more likely that I dismiss these types of memories and as such expect others to do the same. With the season of reunions in tow, it has been somewhat a pleasant suprise to feel the joy of reconnecting with people I would otherwise not be concerned with. This probably has a lot to do with why I don't have a long-term best friend, or why I am pretty slack at keeping in touch with people.

But all that is about to change. A new year on the way, and a new resolution to make more of an effort to remain friends with friends.

So apologies to those who knew me. Hello to those I'm going to befriend this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home